Service Areas and Specialties
First licensed as a real estate sales person in 1972 and licensed as a real estate broker in 1985. I specialize in residential properties, mostly resales but I also do new construction and lots. Wherever the buyers and sellers want to go that is where I'll go. The main concentration of my efforts include Hampden and Hampshire counties.
I have been licensed since 1972 and have served as the President of the Greater Holyoke-Chicopee Board of Realtors in 1992 & 1993. I was selected REALTOR of the Year in 1988 and again in 1994 by my peers. In 1998 I was elected President of the Greater Springfield Association of Realtors and REALTOR of the year for 1999.
Professional Education and Designations
Having been a former teacher I understand the value of education. I obtained my GRI designation (Graduate Realtors Institute) from the Mass. Association of Realtors. I went on to obtain the CRS designation (Certified Residential Specialist) from the RS Council and the CRB designation (Certified Residential Broker) Manager from the RB Council of the National Association of Realtors. I also completed the accredited Buyers Representation course recognized through the National Association of Realtors and received the ABR designation.
I worked for 2 brokers before I decided to open up my own business in November of 1987. My motto at that time was "Easy To Do Business With" and it still is. Whether you are a buyer, seller or real estate agent we do our best to live up to our motto. We know the stress involved in the buying and selling process and so we try to make everyone feel comfortable in the process. After being in the business for 33 years I now work personal referrals only.
Local Association Activities
Since 1972 I think I've been on every committee there ever was and some of those committees are now non-existent. I shall just list the most recent not to bore you.
- Board of Directors:
1999 Past President
- Committee Involvement:
Executive Committee 1998, 1999; Bylaws & Policy Committee 1998, 1999; Commercial/Industrial Division Committee 1998; Evaluation Committee of Executive Officers 1998, 1999; President's Award Committee 1999; REALTOR® Home Magazine Task Force 1998, 1999; Strategic Planning Committee 1998.
State Association Activities
- State Director 1998, 1999
- State RPAC Life Member 1998, 1999
- Business Plan Evaluation Workgroup 1998, 1999
- Committee Involvement:
Strategic Planning Committee
Agency Task Force
- Conferences, Conventions & Meetings:
MAR Convention, Business Planning Retreat; REALTOR® Day on the Hill; Western Massachusetts Regional Caucuses; Leadership Conference; MAR Coalition Building Meeting
National Association Activities
- National RPAC Life Member since 1992; RB Council Member; RS Council Member; ABR Council Member
- Sponsor for D.A.R.E. program in South Hadley, MA
- Sponsor for D.A.R.E. program in Granby, MA
- Team Sponsor for Granby Athletic Association
- Held a "Jail & Bail" for the Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Member, South Hadley Chamber of Commerce
- Past member, P.M. Club
- Served on Granby Finance Committee
- 6-year past member, Granby School Committee
- Certified Residential Specialist 1989 (CRS)
- M. Connie Laplante Real Estate Opened 1987
- Electronic Realty Associates (ERA) franchise 1990
- Realtor of the Year 1988, 1994, 1999
- CREA - Certified Real Estate Appraiser Designation
- Graduated from Bay State Realty Academy 1987
- Graduate Floyd Wickman Sweathogs Programs - Intensive Real Estate Training Course 1990
- Included in National Directory of Who's Who In Executives and Professionals 1995 & 1999
- Consistently sells between $4,000,000 and $5,000,000 worth of property every year
- Office awarded National ERA 1st in Service Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Top 200 Broker Office, 2003, 2004
- ERA Beyond Excellence Club
- ERA Presidents Club